It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
(male)

sleezyfever HB User
Red face HPV to Molluscum

Hey there

So last month I went to the doctor to have a bump on my penis checked out and it was diagnosed as HPV. The doctor had me use valinoma (I believe that's how it's spelled), a topical cream for genital warts. I applied it maybe twice a week to my affected areas.

Anyways I go to the doctor today for a follow up, and I ended up seeing a different doctor. This doctor thought the first diagnosis was wrong so she diagnosed me with Molluscum. She treated my skin marks with some liquid chemical (looking back on this I should have asked the name) and then she booked me in for a follow up appointment in two weeks

NOW all of the area she applied that liquid to (and even some areas she didn't) swelled up to the size of a pencil head eraser and all look like they're ready to pop. I believe one may have popped while I was walking around. I believe the friction between the swollen bump on my testicles and my leg caused one of them to pop. To top it all off, now the head of my penis has little red dots on it now.

It's safe to say I'm completely ****ing my pants right now. I don't know if I should pop some of the things, or why the head of my penis now has red dots on it. Could someone with any knowledge with Molluscum PLEASE respond to this post. I will be eternally grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: HPV to Molluscum

Did the original bump look more like MC or HPV? I thought they always looked really different. Maybe they can look more alike in earlier stages? I think the way you're describing how they're disintegrating sounds like MC and not at all like HPV.

You'll want to gently clean the fluid from the disintegrating things off yourself, because it may be able to cause them to appear elsewhere. (MC is contagious and spreads on one's own body.) And try to keep any fluid coming out of them from spreading or sitting on your skin all day.

I don't really know about this, but I would guess the red dots on the head of your penis are probably the sebaceous glands under the skin there (the normally invisible spots of Fordyce of the glans) indicating the irritation from the skin irritant treatment that your doctor used on the MC. (Your doctor could probably tell you if that's likely the case or not just over the phone.)

And I'm not a doctor to have a valid informed opinion or anything, but I think that that is the best treatment for MC. It's much better than just cutting them off, because the irritant is likely to make the immune system recognize the MC as the pathogen it is. If a doctor just cuts off the bump(s), the virus often remains latent in the body without the immune system recognizing it (for much longer).

Last edited by mc7; 02-01-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
(male)

sleezyfever HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7 View Post
Did the original bump look more like MC or HPV? I thought they always looked really different. Maybe they can look more alike in earlier stages? I think the way you're describing how they're disintegrating sounds like MC and not at all like HPV.

You'll want to gently clean the fluid from the disintegrating things off yourself, because it may be able to cause them to appear elsewhere. (MC is contagious and spreads on one's own body.) And try to keep any fluid coming out of them from spreading or sitting on your skin all day.

I don't really know about this, but I would guess the red dots on the head of your penis are probably the sebaceous glands under the skin there (the normally invisible spots of Fordyce of the glans) indicating the irritation from the skin irritant treatment that your doctor used on the MC. (Your doctor could probably tell you if that's likely the case or not just over the phone.)

And I'm not a doctor to have a valid informed opinion or anything, but I think that that is the best treatment for MC. It's much better than just cutting them off, because the irritant is likely to make the immune system recognize the MC as the pathogen it is. If a doctor just cuts off the bump(s), the virus often remains latent in the body without the immune system recognizing it (for much longer).
I'm actually not sure. At first it started out as what looked like a skin tag on the base of my penis. I didn't think much of it and ignored it for a month or so. Then once I had it treated with liquid nitrogen more marks started to appear on my inner thighs and testicles. However the other marks did not look like skin tags but rather looked like red pimples on my legs.

Do you mean the treatment I had done is my best option? Or that popping them myself would be the best option?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

I meant that I thought the (second) treatment you had done was a good choice for making your immune system likely to identify the virus (MC). And that's the ideal way of getting rid of these things, with the immune system programmed to attack the virus.

It's usually a very bad idea to pop them, because usually they just spread from trying that. That is actually what it sounds like may have happened with your first attempt at treatment (with the liquid nitrogen).

But if some/all of them were irritated by the treatment you got from the second doctor, that should make the immune system notice them. Once that happens, they shouldn't be able to spread on you anymore, and they should clear up soon no matter what you do about them.

(Remember they can still easily be spread to other people until they're totally gone. Wash your hands really well after touching them. And just air dry your hands. Towels are actually a vector for this extremely pernicious skin virus.)

Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
(male)

sleezyfever HB User

Thank you very much for your advice. I feel a lot better about them now that the swelling has gone down.

I just have another question that you might be able to answer. Is Molluscum similar to HPV in the sense that it can lay dormant in your body for some time, and then show up with a weakened immune system? I've been dating the same girl for close to 8 months and I didn't have any lesions on me before we started dating. I was also not sexually active for 4 months before seeing her.

Closed Thread

Tags
hpv, molluscum, penis herpes balanitis red dots bumps itchy burn, skin tags / warts