It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
(male)

white80 HB User
Chlamydia please help

So about 2 and a half months ago I had sex with girl, who later told me she was married. Tuesday she told me she had chlamydia and that I need to be checked also . I used a condom during sex, there was no oral. It has been 2 and half months since then, I have had no discharge or burning when I pee. I have read that most people do not show symptoms, but I would think if I did contract it I might have had one occurrence since then. I have been tested and I am on treatment for Chlamydia. They told me it would take the results 2 weeks for the test to come back, will it be take long ? and what are the chances that I did contract Chlamydia? Thanks...

Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
(male)

MedSchool014 HB User
Wink Re: Chlamydia please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by white80 View Post
So about 2 and a half months ago I had sex with girl, who later told me she was married. Tuesday she told me she had chlamydia and that I need to be checked also . I used a condom during sex, there was no oral. It has been 2 and half months since then, I have had no discharge or burning when I pee. I have read that most people do not show symptoms, but I would think if I did contract it I might have had one occurrence since then. I have been tested and I am on treatment for Chlamydia. They told me it would take the results 2 weeks for the test to come back, will it be take long ? and what are the chances that I did contract Chlamydia? Thanks...

Hi guy. I am new here, but will provide advice from my experience and knowledge. I have a couple questions; did you go to your PCP, local hospital or a free health clinic? When you were tested, did they test via urethra swab or urine sample?

When I visit my PCP and my experience at my local ER, the test results are usually in within 2-3 business days. Most of the time your swab or culture is sent out to a lab (not done in-house) and your doctor's office or the ER should have your results back in within a few days. My results usually came in within 2 days.

If you were treated right, the infection(s) and bacteria would be killed immediately and you should start feeling better immediately or within a few days--your symptoms will improve gradually. I hope this gave you some insight. Remember: No glove, NO LOVE! Stay safe and always practice safe sex with your partner(s).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread