It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

maryahome HB User
Had mild acne and scarring, now I don't even need makeup.

Ok first I have to say that I'm 41 now, so of course some of the acne just went away on its own, but truth be known, I could never ever go out without makeup. I have a big brown spot on the side of my nose, from sun damage, I had large pores and a few breakouts and blackheads all over my nose. I had to use makeup everyday, and now I'm stay at home, so I don't really feel like putting it all on everyday, so here's what I do now and feel like my skin has improved so much its absolutely amazing. First here is a list of products I use: Burt's Bees Tomato Soap, Aqua Glycolic (cleanser and toner), Oil of Olay oilfree moisturizer for acne/oil skin; Oil of Olay regenerest night cream, retin A cream, plus a small tube of skin bleaching gel you can get at Rite Aid. This is what I do: First let me say, I tried every line of cosmetics out there, cleansers that were $50 a bottle and the like and none of them ever got my face really clean. Burts Bees Tomatoe Soap saved my life. First thing is wash your face with it to get your face completely clean and free of makeup or dirt, then as soon as its rinsed, I wash again with the Aqua Glycolic (I get this at the pharmacy for like $15 a big bottle), then sometimes I dry and tone with the AG, but not all the time. If its night time, sometimes I mix a little Retin A in the with the heavier O of O night cream, sometime I don't, but you must use the moisturizer at night no matter what. If its day time, before my skin is completely dry, I put on the O of O lotion with spf 15 for oily skin. In the afternoon, I'll put some of the bleach cream on my few spots or the brown thing next to my nose and over my blackheads. I do this all religiously, and my skin is perfect. My pores have shrunk, the blackheads are bleached out so you can't see them, the brown spot is no longer noticeable, what acne I do get goes right away and I get a nice glowy complexion from the Glycolic products. I don't need to wear a stitch of makeup anymore (but if I want to I wear the Burt's Bees tinted moisturizer). The one thing I would never give up is the Burt's Bees Soap, I can go without everything else, but this one soap is a miracle for taking off makeup and oils that clog your pores and it's my biggest essential. Try this routine, I swear you'll be happy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread