It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

Pika1718 HB User
My.. Acne story :-) and how i got rid of it

Hi, Ive been reading some posts on these forums and just wanted to share some of my... err... 'wizdom'?? haha

Right, well i have been a victem of acne for about 7 years now and now in my late teens and to begine with.. i lived with it, thought it was just a teen phase.. but then after a couple of years i realised that it was pretty much just me and when my friends got it, they only had to put up with a few minor pimples ect.. in comparison to my 'outbreaks'

To begin with , I browsed all the supermarket shelves trying almost any acne product I could get my hands on. Most, however, just burned my skin and agrivated the acne further. I have ultra-sensitive skin and anything from soap to clearex will leave it red and dry.

Having realised none of the consumer products out there could help me i consulted my GP, who at first, gave me a anti-biotic based liquid cleanser (sorry i wont attempt to remember what it was called). This, as I expected, only done the same as any of the consumer products and burned my face and left it dry, doing nothing to the acne. Desperatly still looking for a 'cure', I went back to my GP a further 2 times, both times I was given a course of anti-biotics to follow (not at the same time). The first was Tetracycline, the second was Doxycycline. I was surprised when in both courses, there was zero effect on my acne. I STRONGLY recommend, however, completely finishing the course even if it doesent work as this is how superbugs ect are made and can lead to technicalitys at a later stage if you need anti-biotics for anything major.

And so, very confused, I began to look at what made me differant from other kids..
The most obvius one to me was the fact that i had been drinking coffee scince.. well as long as I remember! (yeh I know that cant me good for me :P)And i done mean the off cup.. I mean 4-5 cups a day, atleast. But apon research over the internet, it seemed that there was no link between caffiene at acne. However I had heard somewhere that coffee can dry your skin which in my mind was enough of a link to give quitting a try.
So.. grudgingly.. I gave coffee the full stop. Its actually a LOT harder then you think it would be , for a caffiene addict (I now have a large amount of respect for anyone who has quit smoking ). To control the cravings I started drinking tea, nothing as good as coffee but it will have to do!.
Amazingly , withen a matter of days, I started to see my skin clearing up, massive amounts.

This dident completely solve the problem.

I was still getting the odd 'outbreak' every few days, which was still very frustrating as you can imagine
Now i know that what I will say next there is a lot of disbelief over and there will probably be people posting otherwise. But (being your average teenager) I would masterbate every few days, and what I soon discovered was every time I would masterbate, it would be shortly followed by an outbrake of acne. So, I quit masterbation altogether (which , for a guy can be err.. kinda hard haha). Immediatly, everything was gone.. No more oily skin.. Outbreaks.. I will admit that every week or so I will still get the occasional pimple but thats it!!! :O

Now i know everyone has a differant story about it , depending on skin type.. probably a lot of things to do with hormones ect which i wont know about. But this is just mine, and maybe it will help someone, i dunno.. A little bit of extra advice, just beacuse you have acne doesent mean you cant be confident, I had 2 long-term(ish) girlfriends and a few short term ones aswell withen the space of 2 years,and got myself into training for a very respectable company, while still having acne. I just needed to get rid of acne for my own self-esteem as I hated people looking at my face funny purely for that reason.
ok err.. dident mean to spend that much time on this haha, thanks anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread