It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
(female)

acne sucks HB User
Adult acne

Hey,

I have just come across this site and I like reading people's stories
I have just started to break out badly on my jawline and neck and it appears worse on my left side at the moment. I am on oral med (doxycycline) and I am also using Duac gel. It has been...10 days on the oral and 15 days with the gel. I know you have to have some patience with starting new things but I wish I could get rid of it right now!! I have been doing a lot of research and the best things I have come across is:
The Healthy Skin Diet book by Karen Fischer. It is fantastic and really brings home the fact that we are what we eat. Of course hormones etc can influence the skin but that aside if you have a good, healthy balanced diet it is hard for bacteria to stay in the body, therefore the toxins wont be trying to escape in the form of GROSS pimples. I am focusing on a super healthy diet and making sure I eat plenty of good clean food. I am going to get a wall calendar so I can keep track of how long it will take to get clearer skin. I also read that sea salt is AWESOME so I have been rinsing my face with sea salt water a few times a week. I try and keep it on and put duac over the top in the evenings. Ok, that is enough from me, I wish you all luck with your treatments, I know everybody responds differently to things but I do hope that you keep your chin up and don't let it be the focus of your life. You are more then your skin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread