It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
(female)

lucyleigh HB User
acne story

Hey guys! I've been reading various posts on this site for about a month and finally decided to join in myself. I'll tell you my story but be warned that it is fairly long...i'll do my best to keep details to a minimum.

I had nearly perfect skin until about 7 months ago. I had strep throat so my doctor prescribed azithromyocin. I didn't think twice about it and began taking the medicine. Literally OVERNIGHT i woke up with my entire face covered in bumps. Since that day I have had a roller coaster ride with acne. There have been several times where I thought I had kicked it to the curb and suddenly a few days later it's back and worse than ever. I tried switching face washes several times, thinking that would help my acne. Then I thought I should go on the pill but 5 days into it I was feeling so uncomfortable with the side effects I changed my mind. Then about a month ago after dong much research on this website along with others I realized I needed to change my diet. I thought that would cure things for sure. I read that antibiotics like the one I took so many months ago can put your system into a "candida" (or yeast) overload. I thought this information was the answer to my prayers, so I cut out all yeast. This helped for a few days but then the acne was creeping back. So I decided to take things further by cutting out gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, and vegetable oil. I have been doing this for a little over a week. Two days into this my face was looking AMAZING. But as soon as I thought I was almost in the clear my acne has started to come back in the past couple days. It is not as bad as it has been in the past, but I am so frustrated. I don't know what else to cut out but today I took out all sugars as well. This means no fruit even! sad.gif I went to the doctor today and begged to be allergy tested. My doctor does not think this is my problem, but I think I may be eating something my body does not sit well with. My acne is basically small bumps that look almost like a rash but there are tons of them. My overall complexion looks pretty good, it's just that if you were to run your fingers over my cheeks/chin or get super up close they can be seen or felt that way. My doctor prescribed me Duac gel, but I would prefer not to use it. I'm hoping I can cure this from the inside-out by diet or holistic ways. Deep down I just know this must have to do with something going on inside, and these pills and gels just mask that I feel like. I use great products like philosophy (purity, on a clear day moisturizer and spot treatment, and hope in a bottle) as well as a expensive clairisonic. I am getting allergy tested tomorrow (both for food and environmental) so hopefully I will soon have some answers.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? My acne is pretty mild but I just want to get rid of it once and for all. It has gone on too long. I don't have a lot of money to put into these holistic ways of treatment. I'm just a struggling college student smile.gif But any advice would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: lucyleigh
pristiq2003 (11-23-2011), summer17 (05-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

Spottyhottie HB User
Re: acne story

Your immune system is basically made up of the bacteria in your gut. If you took antibiotics it may have wiped out your beneficial bacteria which means your immune system is now overreacting to some foods. I'd say take some probiotics and see if that helps. Also if you do have candida you'll have to go on the candida diet to get rid of it. It's a long process but very worth it x

Closed Thread