It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

mmmmaaaaaaa HB User
Thumbs up Believe it or not lemon helped me!

Hi! I am a 24 year old woman from Greece. I started having an acne problem when I was 17 years old. I tries some gels but nothing really worked. My pimples looked like they were one with my skin and no soap or gel helped. I also had body acne so my doctor suggested Isotretoin(accutane). I took it when I was 18, and it really worked. My face and body were completely clear.
But after 1,5 year my acne came back first on my face and then 3 years ago on my body.
I used anything you can imagine, sulphur soar, tar soap, any kind of gel there is, gel that are mixed, or over the counter products. Nothing helped much. Not even isotretoin on a gel.
I took so medication too, but the side effects made me stop them, they didn't really helped anyway.

So last month I decided I had enough, I hadn't only tried contraceptives, but my doctor didn't prescribe them, he gave me Minocin, mostly for my body, because the last year I have been using a Benzoyl Peroxide gel that kinda works, I still have pimples especially before my period but it's better than before.
So I took Minocin but the nausea and the lightheadiness got worse and worse, till I got a yeast infection by them and stopped after a month and a half.
They didn't work, apart from the chest area.

So the last two weeks I have been searching natural remedies because I had enough with medicines, even accutane didn't work for long.

I have started using TEA TREE cleansing gel and toner twice a day on my face and I use the gel on the shower on my body with a natural sponge.

The last 4 days I have been using lemon juice (natural) on my body and faced and from day one my body skin looks clearer than in years!!!!

The change is not as obvious on my face but it certainly looks better too. I still have a few pimples, much less than before, but it glows!

I highly recommend it if you have body acne, it made wonders with my skin!!!!

I live in Greece and I couldn't even wear a tank top during the hot summer because I was embarassed! Not anymore! If it has been so good only in four days imagine in a month!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

spauno HB User
Re: Believe it or not lemon helped me!

Some of the simple ways to get rid of the acne is to replenish your body with lots of water,practice yoga daily, clean your face twice a day and do not apply any kind of lotion or cream. This will surely gives you the good results.

Closed Thread