It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

censtone HB User
chemical burn from acne medication

So, I've decided to search the internet for a cure for this constant irritation and embarrassment, and came across this message board. I haven't been searching too long, but I am surprised at how few articles there are discussing this topic. I have been to a few dermatologists myself, and they have also disagreed with me that my burns are from over use of acne medication, therefore they can't seem to understand what it is I need in order to treat it. One problem I have is that I still get acne in the places that are burned - asking the Derm if there was something that would treat the acne, while not irritating the burn, he prescribed me Retin-A..yea, that made my skin peel off faster than if I had taken an acid bath. I never thought about this condition being permanent (which is a depressing thought), but I suppose it is possible that we've destroyed our skin by layering on multiple acne products consistently. I've struggled with extreme acne since I was about 12, and even now I probably apply too much of my medication on a daily basis, yet I feel I'm making the choice to either be broken out beyond reason, or live in slightly more comfortable skin. I realize I'm replying to your message a bit late, but knowing what you're going through, I wanted to tell you about a product that I have found which has helped me tremendously. Rosebud Perfume Co. has a lip balm that I use as my only facial moisturizer. It's a little greasy, so I don't put a lot on the morning, but a little goes a long way and it INSTANTLY soothes my skin. It is the ONLY thing that has ever soothed my skin AND lasts for a good 12 hours. At night I apply it on my face like a moisturizer, but on the areas that are burned I really layer it on. If I'm having a bad day due to too much acne meds or something, I cake it on before bed and my skin is either healed in the morning, or moist enough to rub off the irritated layer in the shower. Rosebud Perfume Co has a few Rosebud Salves but I get the original, unscented one in the blue tin. I couldn't live without it!! I hope this is helpful information to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread