It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

deedee1994 HB User
Angry Acne

Hi people,my names Daniel and im hear to share my acne story with you.

My acne started at the age of 14 but that was only mild,it was just a few spots on my head,i didt really think nothing of it as my mum said its just apart of growing up everyone get them,so i carried on with life. Towards the end of that year i began breaking out badly and i had these huge pimples all over my face so i decided to go see the Doctor,when i saw my doctor he said the same thing as my mum its just apart of growing up but he said he could give me a drug called duac witch should dry the spots out.
My 1st day on duac was quite horrible as this stuff made my skin dry and tight but at the same time i could see it was clearing my spots so i wernt to fussed,by the end of the week my spots had gone and my face was clear but it still wernt over as when i turned 15 they came back to haunt me and this time worser than ever. I had big massive painful spots all over my face i wouldt go to the shop because i was so scared of what others may think,i decided to go back to the doctors,when i went to see the doctor again he said he will perscribe me something stronger but he did also say my face might be quite red and quite itchy. The drug he perscribed me was zineryt after being on this for a month this stuff was peeling layers of my skin off but leaving the spots behind,so basically it was just making it worse by using this product. I went back to the doctors and he said dont worry this stuff (Zineryt) will clear it up but he said he would give me some anti-biotics called tetralysal which would kill the bacteria,so once again i tried them both for a month and then finally he said im going to make you a referral to see the dermatologist.
I waited around 3 weeks to see the derm and she asked me questions about my history of acne,is it effecting my life in any way etc,after all the questions she gave me a perscription for isotretinoin and she told me that it will soon have me back to the old me but id have to be patient. So anyways i collected my perscription and ive been on it 3 weeks now and my mum says that there has been a big improvement in skin,so like everyone i started getting happy and excited that my skin was clearing,so i ran upstairs and looked in my bedroom mirror and then i just felt like crying my face looked awful but then i thought maybe its just the lighting in my house,maybe my skin is clearing,so i decided to take my bedroom mirror outside in the garden during daytime as its natural light and my acne wernt that bad but still i dont know what to believe the inside mirror or the outside mirror.

Ive also attached a picture of me as i would like your comments on how my face looks and is it really awful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00117-20110330-1318.jpg (97.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00118-20110330-1319.jpg (96.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00113-20110328-1202.jpg (97.0 KB, 3 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread