It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

summer17 HB User
Acne its more than stressing

Hi everyone, I've been dealing with acne for 3 years now and I can't find a cure, let me share you my story:
When I was about 15 years old i started trying every counter product i could find, clean & clear, l'oreal Bioré, St. Ives, etc. In those days i had mild to moderate acne, but nothing really worked. I even tried Proactiv which helped but it was very expensive, i had to order them and they didn't last longer than 2 or 3 months.
Finally my mom decided to take me to a dermatologist and the doctor prescribed me pentrexyl cabs (ampicillin) and they worked wonders!, even when i stopped using them, im not telling you that i never got a pimple again but it was very mild. Also i started to use the Clinique 3 step system, and only that because i began to realize that when it comes to your skin, less is more. I wash only twice a day and try not to wear makeup very often.

The thing is that over 6 months ago my acne has come back more aggressively than ever (moderate to extreme) its that ever and i think its has something to do with the fact that i started college and i stress a lot lately. Before, when i was in high school i always felt my skin breaking out when i was in exams or in finals. Some facts that i should have told you before:I don't drink soda, at all. I don't like it. I eat healthy (not that i don't eat junk food or anything), but i really try to choose proper food, like i stress the importance of veggies in everyday food to my mom so that she´ll help me with a more proper diet, i drink tons of water and fruit. I now that i hasn't been prove that a proper diet helps with your skin but it doesn't hurt either.
Another fact is that im a picker, and i now it doesn't help but is really hard not to do it. I've improved in my bad habit but its still there.

So a few weeks ago I decided to go back my the dermatologist and because she pointed out that i had cystic acne, she changed the toner in my Clinique system for one that didn't have alcohol. I see not changes at all because i still have acne, but my sisters and mom say that i have indeed improved, that my face is not clogged with oil, and that everything is now coming out. All that i see is Whiteheads all over my cheeks, which is really hard because i tried not to pick them. I went again to my dermatologist and i asked her why hadn't she prescribed me the cabs again? since i now i had more problems with my skin that when i visited her years back. She told me that she didn't want to hurt my sweat glands because i will be needing them when I'm older. I don't know what to do, i want this problem out of my system, i feel so depressed, and with all the problems in my house,i doesn't help at all. I know its because of stress but its really hard to not be when i have problems at home and when i look in the mirror i have horrible skin. What would you recommend me to do? I was thinking of trying to see if my skin improved while i was on vacations and if not going in August to my dermatologist again, What do you think? Should i wait or go back now? Thank you so much for reading thinks and any advice or words of encouragement will be appreciated!

The Following User Says Thank You to summer17 For This Useful Post:
MATHURG (01-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread