HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Share Your Acne Story (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/share-your-acne-story/)
-   -   my acne cure - my story (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/share-your-acne-story/917955-my-acne-cure-my-story.html)

GuitarGuy88 09-11-2012 11:18 AM

my acne cure - my story

Hello all. I am a 24 year old male and suffered from acne, especially of the forehead, since I was 16 until about 22. Let me start by saying this might not work for everyone, but I know for a fact it worked for me and would more than likely work for you. It's quite simple and costs $0. Most acne "product" companies are just looking to make money, and to be honest they do more harm than good. i.e pro activ

I gain nothing for sharing my experiece with you, and have no reason to give you false information. I registered here to write this in hopes of helping someone who is in the position I was in.

Okay, now on to the good stuff.

#1. (and it's a big one). Stop drinking cows milk. I used to drink glasses of milk and cereal full of milk, smoothies full of milk.. and so on and so on, daily. Until I read somewhere online the harm of drinking cows milk. It is full of cow hormones and fat. It is produced by cows, for cows. Baby cows, which are already heavier than most adults. I thought , what is there to lose? So I cut out all intake of milk and had no break outs almost instantly. Over time, I discovered Almond Milk which is an awesome, healthy replacement of cows milk, and to
me tastes a lot better. Get the one that says Unsweetened, as it has only 30 calories per serving.(No added sugar). Almond milk also contains Calcium incase you are worrying about that.

#2. Water. Lots of it. Water clears out your system of toxins and has many, MANY other benefits. If you want clear skin, get used to drinking atleast 8-10 cups of water a day. It will benefit you in the long run anyway. Water ties into #3...

#3. Excercise. Another big one, make sure you're getting your cardio in at the very least 2 times a week. 5 KM runs are good, or sprint training. Make sure you are working up a good sweat and get that blood flowing instead of sitting around on the computer. Join a gym. Weight lifting is one of the best things for you. 4 day splits of 1 day legs, 1 day arms, 1 day chest and back, one day mid section. read about the benefits of weight lifting. It burns more fat than any excercise. Girls, this applies to you too. You won't become one of those muscular male looking females. They are on steroids. This is natural body building. You will make slow and steady progress in becoming lean, fit, strong and healthy.

#4. Diet. Cut out most junk food. You can still treat yourself once in a while, but you can find healthy alternatives to chips and pop and ice cream. Such as Fruits, Yogourt(which does have milk, but that is okay. 1 or 2 yogourts will not hurt), Other things to start consuming: vegetables, lean meat namely chicken breasts. turkey. You can still have bacon, and other "bad" foods, but limit them to once a week or more. Foods to STOP consuming, or keep very limited: Carbs! bread, potatoes, potatoe chips, white rice, white pasta, white ANything. Cut out cereals as they are all full of sugars and carbs. Get lots of protein. Buy a protein powder, specifically Whey Isolate which contains only pure protein. make a healthy shake with it. Tastes like a milkshake. I am not selling anything, but I get a cheap, good brand from Walmart for 23 bucks called Body Fortress Whey Isolate. comes in vanilla or chocolate. :) Very important, replace all or most of your drinks with Water. get rid of that Pop, orange juice, beer?:p I know the last one is a tough one

#5. Try to cut out stress, drama. Live a peaceful relaxed life as we were meant to do. Also don't worry about the occasional pimple. By following some or all of the things I have written, you will dispose of your acne.

For a face wash I just now use Spectro Gel, unscented. Just at night before bed. You can wash your face during the day, but water is all you need in my opinion. For body acne, get Dove unscented soap bar for the shower.

I think I've covered most stuff, so good luck to anyone that finds this useful.