It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
(female)

meg96 HB User
My experience with accutane

I have recently finished a 5 month course of accutane (50mg/day). I am 16 years old and have suffered with acne, mainly on my back, for about 4 years and have tried a whole variety of treatments that had little or no effect. When my dermatologist suggested accutane I felt it was the only option I had left. She talked me through the various side effects and told me to go and take some time to make my decision. Obviously, I decided to go ahead and begin the course of treatment.

Soon after starting I began to get the classic side effects, dry lips, a bit of dry skin etc.. so I went online to see what other accutane users found most effective. Some of the posts were helpful, I got some Aquaphor Lip Repair (honestly, it's magic) and started using E45 cream on any dry spots. But, the majority of the posts I saw terrified me. People complaining about all of the awful side effects, nobody had anything positive to say. This is why I'm writing this post... my experience with accutane was overall, fantastic. Admittedly, I suffered from a few side effects. Like I said, dry lips are inevitable but Aquaphor was like a miracle. My skin didn't get too dry, it was just my nose and my hands, and bit of E45 always did the trick! Occasionally I would get muscle or joint pains after exercise but they were bareable and didnt last long.

The side effects I had were easy to cope with and in my eyes, didn't even compare to how awful I'd felt whilst I was covered in acne. When you're reading forums/discussions about accutane, I think it's important to remember that the reason many people write post's is to warn people of some of the harsh side effects of the drug. There are still plenty of people using accutane who really do just see the benefits and have coped well. I'm in no way saying anybody should ignore the more dangerous side effects, but in my experience I did the positive effects and the risk paid off. I havent had a spot in months!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
(male)

vaja HB User
Re: My experience with accutane

I'm 28 and had acne for almost 13 years. You have no idea how much money have I wasted on pointless medications and precious conventional treatments before I read one Book about acne. I am honored to say that this system has changed my life single handedly. I have turned into a more confident, attractive and free (really free) individual. I truly appreciate what this program have done for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
accutane, acne