It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

(s)aint HB User
Thumbs up Success Story for you all!

I used to post here last summer when I was really struggling with my anxiety. I was diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder and agoraphobia in April 2006. Now a year later, I am almost back to my complete "normal" self. It took some hard work in therapy and different medication doses, but I feel like I've made it. I just wanted you people out there who are really struggling to know that it can get better. If you keep working and keep searching, you will find the thing that works for you! I know what its like to feel completely hopeless, but if I can do it, I have hope that you guys can do it too! I'm not "cured" by any means, but I am able to live a life almost free from anxiety and panic.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
(female)

PrettyAnxious HB User
Re: Success Story for you all!

THANKS for this post!

I've been unable to sleep this morning and found myself feeling so hopeless--as if this is how it's going to be from now on. It definitely gives me hope to read this!

Congratulations!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
(female)

jodianne HB User

(S)aint,
Would you mind sharing with us what you did that helped. I have GAD,
was on med that really helped, however it was discontinued by manu and
I haven't found any med that I can tolerate. Would really like to hear
your success story.
Jodianne

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-30-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

(s)aint wonderful! Does'nt it feel soooooo good.I know because I have succeeded also in getting a hold of this thing and it no longer control's my life either.This also makes me have a NEW appreciation for my life mostly free from anxiety.I still do have my moments but nothing at all like before no more weeks upon weeks,months upon months of dreaded anxiety.One of the things that helped me was to just do my best to take things in stride not to get all worked up and overreact.The things that I cannot do anything about well why hammer myself with worry and frustration if there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it anyway.Things that are overwhelming I try to no longer allow them to overwhelm me I just do what it is I can do to try to make things as managable as possible.I used to do the total opposite of all this and I think alot of anxiety sufferers are just like that.I too took medication off and on over several years time which at the time worked great.Now I mostly use positive thinking and not let myself get stuck in that cycle again.I am not trying to hijack this thread just wanted to share in the joy of being free from anxiety's hold and share a bit of how I got to this point in hopes it may be helpful to others.I suffered for alot of years off and on and I no longer suffer.Never give up people you can and will get better.

Congratulations! (s)aint!

Last edited by tnmomofive; 03-30-2007 at 10:30 AM.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
(female)

PrettyAnxious HB User

the positive stories really help!!! Keep them coming!!

Closed Thread