It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
(female)

conver HB User
another success story :)

HI All,

Not sure if anyone will read this, but here goes...

Im writing this to tell you all that you CAN beat anxiety and depression.
I was 21 when I had my first panic attack ( Im 28 now). At the time, I didnt know what it was...I thought I had a heart problem! But when I spoke to my mum, who had the same thing at my age, I realised it was more than physical.

I had just gone through a break-up and some other tough events when the attacks started. I was agrophobic, so I didnt/couldnt go outside for months. I would wake up and vomit each morning, I lost a lot of weight ( Got down to 40 Kg) and could not see people.

Eventually, a doctor came to my house and prescribe me Xanax. This is what got me outside. I got off it, though it took a while, and went on Lexapro (which Im still on now, seven years later). I get night sweats now and then and I get down, but overall I have beaten it!!!

I know it seems like it wont get better, but it does

Last edited by moderator2; 07-24-2007 at 06:55 AM. Reason: no emails, as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
(male)

Digitalbooty HB User
Re: another success story :)

That sounds great. I keep getting scared because I mix up my words more and more even when I don't feel stressed. Doc thinks it's anxiety, but scheduled a neuro appt just to be safe. I hope I can beat this because it gets worse everyday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
(female)

JennFL HB User
Re: another success story :)

I am on Lexapro as well and it is amazing. I didnt realize how much my anxiety took over my life until I got on lexapro and started to feel "normal" again. NOt sure how long I will be one it but is good to hear positive things about it and I am very happy you are beating this horrible condition! congrats!

Closed Thread