It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
(male)

stealyurface HB User
My story

I have always been on edge and a little anxious. Not sure where this feeling came from. Maybe some underlying trauma from stressful events in the past, which have been plenty, given my age. In the past few years, this "fear" has exploded into something entirely different. It is terrifying for me to be in any social interaction, from one-on-one talking w/ co-workers, to meeting new people. I completely avoid any interaction with people I am not really comfortable with. It has taken me 10 yrs to reach out and ask for help from a professional. It is making me very isolated from everyone, including family members, which makes me feel even worse when I look back b/c who else can you lean on if not your family. I am getting a med-evaluation this Thursday, which is making me kind of nervous. I have taken several meds in the past from my neurologist & Family Dr. , but I think I'm afraid that there is something more to it than my anxiety. Like some different, more complex disorder. The worry makes me crazy sometimes. But we'll se how things go, I guess it can only get better. Thanks for those that took the time to read. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

vegangirl HB User
Re: My story

I really feel for you and had to post a reply. Two years ago I was convinced that I had a neurological disorder and that I was going to die either in the hospital or the mental ward. You say it's taken you 10 years to ask for help. Wow, I can only imagine how hard it's been to live all these years feeling the way you have. I've been there and it's pretty awful.

Let me tell you that talking to your doctor is a huge step in the right direction. You will be o.k. I'm sure of it! Just know that you are not alone and that this is a very real disorder and there is help for you. Once your doctor figures out the right med(s) for you, your life will change for the better. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread