It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

NikkiKnows245 HB User
Here's mine..

I was diagnosed with anxiety and didn't even realize I was sufferring from it when I was diagnosed. When I look back, it makes so much sense. I'd panic about things that hadn't even happened. I'd get so nervous or scared my breathing would slow tremedously to the point my blood pressure would drop (some people experience the opposite). I'd worry constantly about anything and everything from something in my past to having a disease to money to someone dying, making myself literally sick. I was freaking out when I finally made the decision to call the doctor. I even had a hard time telling the nurse. I thought it was part of my depression. The doctor gave me a "quiz"... a series of questions to answer on paper. I was prescribed Lexapro (for depression and anxiety) and Cloznapam (additional med to manage the anxiety). I took it for only a few months and stopped for military reasons.

I still do find myself getting anxiety at times. What has helped me INCREDIBLY is GOD. I wasn't open to it at first, but when I finally began to move a little closer to the Lord, it was amazing. A huge relief. When I start worrying now, even though it can be hard, I try to take a few deep breaths, think about all my amazing blessing, thank Him, and ask Him to help me.

BELIEVE ME, it has done wonders. God/Jesus Christ is so much more powerful than any man-made drug out there on the market. Give it a try... on your own time.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
(male)

anders15 HB User
Re: Here's mine..

I adore your post, as I try the same. I'm very faithful and try and read my bible at times when I'm very anxious. This sounds kind of bad but I'm scared to go to church becasue of the dizziness due to my anxiety. But GOD is the best medicine for anything. I want to be med free but it may take time. As for now I'm working on gettin my life back on track and putting it all in GOD's hands. I've been through a ton lately and my anxiety is so unrealy right now it's unbelievable, I seriously think I have Parkinson's or MS or a brain tumor or I'm going to blow. I know one of these days GOD will cure me. Rememeber he's always your right hand man, he's the person to talk to, and he put the doctor's on this earth to help us. God bless.

Closed Thread