It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

footrest39 HB User
ANXIETY DEPRESSION OCD story

Hello--

I have had anxiety, depression ocd ever since I was 13--I am 39 now. It has been rough--but because of God I am still here. I have been taking prozac for the last 5 years--I tried to get off of it 2 years ago--that was a nightmare! I have also suffered from postpartum depression or more like psychosis! Anxiety never ceases to amaze me with its annoying and terrifying synmptoms--you name it I've had it--lately I have been experiencing this foggy, fuzzy feeling in my head kind of like I am not all there-but I am. On the verge of dizziness, but not quite. Very strange it freaks me out! Prozac can only do so much, I guess. Maybe it is because of the holidays? I don't know. I have had shortness of breath, chest pain, left arm pain (thought it was a heart attack), hot sensations on different parts of my body (thought it was human combustion), pains in my head (could be an anyeurism), the list goes on...anyway the prozac has helped with all of these things I am not nearly as bad as I used to be. Jesus is what has truly helped my spirit, prozac helps with the physical sensations. I am married and I have 3 girls. Let me know if I can help anyone out there--I know for sure you can help me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
(female)

ryleetn HB User
Re: ANXIETY DEPRESSION OCD story

Sounds alot like me, especially the chest pain, I have acid reflux and keep pain in my chest which of course I think is heart problems, even though they have been ruled out, I cannot get a minutes peace I am convinced that I am dying, I try not to think about it too much but the constantness of it makes it almost impossible, I haven't tried any anti depressants yet they gave me effexor 37.5 mg but I am also medicine phobic so I don't like to take stuff. How do you make it through I am ready to pull my hair out. I used to have very bad anxiety attacks when I was younger, I am 36 now and they don't happen as often, but now I have the health anxiety. I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl and I am always afraid something will happen to me and leave her alone. Every little pain I get I think is something horrible but I am still here to tell about it the next day, wish I could get that through my head. Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
(female)

footrest39 HB User

Thanks for your response--for many years I avoided taking any medication--I also was medicine phobic. I was worried it would make me worse--but after I had my 3rd child (post partum depression) I knew that I was not going to get any better. I take the generic version of prozac, which is fluoxetine-- 20 miligrams a day. It has really helped my situation--I used to cry every day, but the medication has calmed that down. I understand what you mean about health worries--I used to think I had cancer. If I felt any kind of a lump like a swollen gland--I would convince myself it was cancer! I was always running to the doctor--even when he assured me that I was fine--I was never convinced. I was afraid that I would die and leave my children, so I really relate to your fears. I think that being a mom in general can be very stressful, it is natural to worry about our children, my kids are now 15, 11, and 8--I still worry about them but when they were toddlers it was even worse because they needed constant supervision. I hope you feel better soon, remember you are not alone--you will be okay. Pray, doesn't hurt and it always helps! Take care!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I just wanted to chime in here with you both. What you are going through is very real and understandable. I developed alot of fear, anxiety and depression after having my girls. I am now 43 and my girls are 18 and 20. I used to pray and ask God to at least let me live to see them grown. He honored that. I was always afraid I have a tumor or some strange disease. Every little ailment I ran to the doctor and was sure it was terminal. I drove myself crazy. I was even afraid to fly because I thought I might die in a plane crash and they wouldn't have a mom. I did grow out of alot of the panic and anxiety and life has gone on. But I still have bouts with it. No one in my family has this problem, just me. I think I am just an worry wart. Maybe because I like to be in control. I am a Christian and I try to give things to God and I do pray. But I still worry about my health all the time. It is just crazy! I have a few things I deal with like allergies and hypothyrodism. But most of us all have some health issue in life.

All this to say I think it is natural to worry when you are a mom. You don't want to leave your kids behind. They need you and you need them. I have heard that many moms go through the anxiety and depression big time. I did go on meds for about 6 months but that was about it. I am afraid of taking pills too. That is another bad thing about anxiety. It will get better. Just pray! I listen to self help tapes and buy books and do whatever it takes. If you have to take meds for awhile do it. At least it helps to find safe ground and sort through things. You are not alone.

Last edited by TEdds83; 02-10-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Closed Thread