It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
(female)

celestrial HB User
Lifelong anxiety

Amidst the fun of childhood, I knew there were money troubles. I lived with one parent, the other had cowardly run away and the purse strings were tight. A grandparent moved in to help, then some years later, the grandparent needed the help. Money grew tighter and stress grew on all sides. Years later, the grandparent passed, the parent and I had good times and some not so good ones.

A few years ago, the parent moved in with me as we both had some money problems and it's mostly worked. Recently the parent's health has declined and I see the full circle of the past. Stress is full time now. Always worried if I can pay the rent or keep the lights on. The parent knows things are hard, even knows how upset I get but I still try to hide the worst of it. I cry a lot, in the shower, the car, when the parent cannot see.

I screen all calls and jump at the sound of a heavy truck, fearing the repo man. I haven't slept well in years and find it hard to stay focused during the day. I haven't been able to find a better paying job. I feel unqualified in too many situations. There is so much I still want to accomplish but it seems there is no time, money or any reason.

I have very few outside relationships, never go anywhere. I may be needed at home. I'm even too afraid to tell my doctor I need help - how nuts is that. Sometimes I really feel like I'm losing it and then there are days I feel a little more in control but lately those days are harder to find. Maybe I just needed to get it out, maybe it will help some, something has to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Lifelong anxiety

I just read your story. Hang in there! You are not alone. Believe me! Times are tough for most of us now. So much stress with the economy, living paycheck to paycheck. Heck I couldn't make my house payment yet this month. I have never been late until now. It's hard to know which bill to pay first. Expecially when you can't pay them all. It looks grim for alot of us in the US. It has led to more anxiety and stress. I have had some insomnia now and have just seen the doc for slight depression and anxiety. I hate this feeling and I want it to go away. So if you are sitting there feeling this.... you can know there are many of us who feel that way too. We can get through our troubles, it just takes time and a positive attitde and reaching out to those around us. I would be lost without my faith. That is for sure! Hang in there!

Closed Thread