It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User
Question your first panic experience?

im interested to know what was your FIRST panic attack experience? did you end up in the ER?

this is mine:

i was nineteen and at home for the summer. i had been breathing funny all day and had noticed my heart pounding. i had been out, once i came back home i felt something was VERY wrong. VERY VERY wrong. i told my mom she had to take me to the ER right away. that i was going to die.

driving to the ER seemed like the longest trip EVER. i was sooo dizzy, heart pounding, everything. it felt like i was in this out of body state. waiting in the ER was even worse. i think i went to the bathroom about 10 times to get up and do something. i couldn't stop walking around. i could not sit down.

i finally was let in. and they did a chest x ray, a MRI of my heart, blood tests. and guess what?

everything was NORMAL! {REMOVED} the doctor asked if i had any history of panic attacks. he asked if i wanted to try to take something that might make me feel better. they gave me some valium...and...BOOM...i suddenly was not having a 'heart attack' anymore.

he suggested i see a therapist and gave me a prescription for as needed basis.

i felt SO embarrassed and ashamed of this episode. little did i know- it would just be the beginning!!! i didn't even know what a panic attack was until then. i am so fortunate i had a good ER doctor who actually took it as a problem and not just said '<YOU'RE> worrying too much'.

i was discharged. sent home and i was SO tired. it seemed like i had been running a marathon. its amazing how much a PA makes you tired!

i dont know how someone COULD have a panic attack for the first time and NOT end up in the ER?

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-03-2008 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Do not use vulgar or implied vulgar language. Also no text message, chat room language. Read and follow the posting rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread