It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
(male)

bk101 HB User
10th grade terror :O

i'm new here but it always helps to share your stories and i got some time to kill :P

i was in 10th grade, 16 at the time and i had just come back from lunch to my western civ. class. i remember getting a test handed out to us, i looked down at the test and all of a sudden felt a sharp pain in my kneck (which i'm farily sure was just a cramp) and it escalated from there -- i had a copper taste in my mouth for a second and started freaking out.

i thought i was having a stroke. i remember being stricken with such terror i couldn't even move and i looked over at my friend in the desk next to me and he goes "whoa you dont look so good." so naturally i asked to go to the nurse without causing too big a scene. the journey down the hallway seemed forever, i passed a friend , once again "wow you look really white."

i finally arrive at the nurses, they lay me down on the crappy little bed, and take my blood pressure -- 190/110. i remember my father coming in and asking if i wanted an ambulance, which of course i said no and just wanted him to bring me to the walk-in...the whole time i kept thinking something is wrong with my brain, saying it over and over to my dad. after a long time in the waiting room i get sent in, they take some more readings and tests, eventually i get sent to the general hospital

<edited: do not post real names or location such as hospital name.>

keep in mind, this whole thing went on for like 8 hours i was so freaked out. they take an MRI, all sorts of other stuff -- everything turns out normal. i thought this was pretty funny -- the doctor asked if i had been doing cocaine at all that day. long story short, crappiest scariest most terrifying day of my life (and i've been in the military!).

i didn't feel the same for weeks after that, losing tons of sleep, and so focused on thinking i was dying that i'd keep giving myself panic attacks. i still suffer and deal with anxiety to this day from it, but i think i'm learning to cope a little bit -- i was put on paxil but took myself off of it because i felt it made me act out and made me a different person. i just wish there was an easy button to hit and get rid of all this

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-18-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
(female)

JoAnn15 HB User
Re: 10th grade terror :O

As you can see we are not alone. Reading some of the stories here has helped a lil the rest is up to us...

Last edited by JoAnn15; 09-01-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: mispelled words

Closed Thread