It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
(male)

trapper124 HB User
19 yr old

I'm 19, male, college sophmore. My problems started at the beginning of my freshman year of high school. I was a very outgoing popular kid and one morning I woke up and it hit me. No cause for it besides genetics, no trigger anyways. It just happened. Stopped playing baseball, stopped hanging out with friends, gained a lot of wieght and missed alot of school that year.

I was put on zoloft, and that helped but i didn't get it untill my junior year and by then my routine of setting at home on the weekends and doing nothing had set in and it didn't change for awhile. By my senior year i had started diong more stuff but not like i had when i was normal. I was valedictorian of my class and had scholarships to go to a very good engineering university. Well the anxiety came in and shut that down about a month before i was to leave and at that point the only college option left was to go to a community college close to home so that i could live at home while attending. (I have lived in the same place my entire life, in the same house, we have never moved.)

Well, after my first year there, i had planned on moving into an apartment with two of my best friends and my cousins and still attend the community college for my second year. Well i moved in about a week before school started back. The very first night i woke up with cold sweats and the worst panic attack i have ever had. Same thing for the second night. I was not able to eat anything the entire time and on the third day, i moved back home.

I went to the doctor and am now on 60mg cimbalta and i have klonopin to take if i ever feel an attack coming on. Well in another year, i hope to move out of state and go to school.

Thats my story. I am hoping that I can learn to better deal with my anxiety through this site.

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-27-2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules as to why part of your post was removed. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread