It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

new2sad HB User
My Story....

It sounds like a sob story.....sorry. This is very abbreviated...

My parents divorced when I was young. My mom remarried and I was adopted by my stepfather....who was not a good man. Never new my father until the day before he died.....which happened to be 1 month after my mom and stepbrother were killed in a car accident, that I was not in. I was 14. It was all downhill from there. I became withdrawn and out of control, and self sabotage was a specialty. Went to college...got pregnant had to drop out, and I trust no one. Get them before they get me, that had gotten better until these attacks started. I moved in with my grandparents, and got away with ALOT!!! Since then i have married, and had children. I am now 30. In the past 3-5 years I have developed some kind of anxiety/panic disorder. I get very shakey, hot flashes, tired, dizzy, nausea, worried, nervous, sad, angry, the usual I guess. Recently it has developed into stomach and chest pains and is taking longer to come out of it. Not sure why. I also have discovered that my fathers side of the family has a history of anxiety, panic, bipolar disorders. I feel like I have reverted back to high school days. I love the life that we have built. I am tired of constantly feeling like "when is the other shoe is going to drop?" I am trying to cope, but its not easy. It has started to interfere with daily routines. Social settings have become scary. Family members are getting irritated by my unwillingness to socialize. I want to get back my life for my children, my husband, and myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
(male)

BlackSea HB User
Re: My Story....

There is one thing I tell my wife when she has this sort of panic attacks:
- When you feel ok, when you smile, when it's all good with your like....set yorself a point to get back to when you're down.
Here's a methaphor: Like setting a recovery point in Windows to revert the computer when it has a virus or some settings got messed up It's really like that.
Re-discover the joy of being a parent. Fill yourself with that. Find the "line" in that. We all need "the line" re-drawn at some point in life, for a reason or another. We just have to find the way to draw it back and being a parent is always a good way.

Closed Thread