It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

Coltssweetie83 HB User
My anxiety story

Hello everyone. I just recently found this board and decided I would post today

I'm 25yrs old and have had anxiety for as long as i can remember. I can still remember being young and going to the store with my mom and feeling like I couldnt swallow. I moved out of the city and can remember having 1 or 2 panic attacks a month. Right now im having anxiety 24-7 and maybe 1-5 panic attack a week. I have a young son, he just turned 6 Tuesday and he has alot of health problems and I've had a very stressful past few years and its just really starting to get me down. I don't currently take any medications. My goal is to help myself be able to better control my attacks without medications and if that doesn't work then I will take medication. Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
(male)

Loomis1228 HB User
Re: My anxiety story

Hi there Colts,

My name is Jesse and I too suffer from anxiety. I remember having a hard time not letting myself relax and thinking, "what if?". I still do that to this day.

I currently take 112.5mg of effexor xr every single day. I asked my psychiatrist if he thought that I would ever get off of it and he thinks that I will be on it for a long, long time---which to me if for the rest of my life.

Luckily, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression when I was 20 years old. I really don't know if I would be able to take a lot of the "episodes" without something to help me control them.

I hope that you start feeling better soon. No one deserves to go through anxiety alone or for a long period of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread