It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

JewelryJulie HB User
Finally solved.............

I started with panic attacks at age 20ish. I have had most types of anxiety including avoidance behavior, etc.

Believe it or not, but as a fluke, when I found out that I had asthma symptoms (still not totally diagnosed as I may also have COPD) once I got on an inhaler-my anxiety went away immediately.

I mean, I went from not being able to do my grocery shopping-I would carry a couple of things through the store and hope the line was short-if not I might throw my items down and hyperventilate to the front door!

The next day after starting on this medication (an inhaler) I was able to get A GROCERY CART, TAKE MY TIME AND SHOP!

Now, I have no dog in this fight, just one sufferer of nearly 2 decades who finally got rid of her anxiety. I think it may have had to do with the CO2 release/non-release in my lungs.

Just another thought.
I wish you all a cure to your ills.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
(female)

Lolly76 HB User
Re: Finally solved.............

That's fantastic Julie.
It's so uplifting to hear something like this. It makes me feel that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us.

Best of luck for many many anxiety/stress free years ahead!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

JewelryJulie HB User
Re: Finally solved.............

I also spoke with another asthma sufferer (male) at work here and he also had anxiety symptoms prior to having his inhaler medication. (We both use Symbicort) So, just another thought as this is disabling for some of us. The fact that this is possibly a PHYSICAL issue that causes the MENTAL component is rather wonderful in that it can be addressed for those who have this. (Obviously this is not everyone's situation!!)

Thanks for your well wishes and I wish everyone a life free of anxiety!!

Closed Thread