It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 05:48 AM   #1
(female)

jennalynn52 HB User
My Axiety Storyyy!

Hey everyone i just wanted to share my story with you all about anxiety!!

I am 20 years old and ive had about 2 major anxiety/panic attacks..the first one came out of no where, i had palpatations and all that, heavy chest, thought i was going to have a heart attack, trembling, shaking, dizzy, light headed, all that..pain in my left shoulder...wow...yehh!

So i ended up going to the ER. From then on i had 2 holter monitors, for 24 hours..and i everything came back normal..that took a lot of pressure off of my chest, i was diagnosed with GAD In the middle of February. I had no clue of what it was, i actually never had anxiety ever cross my mind once, before in my 20 years of living.

So then after the month of February i was totally good, for about 2 weeks, then out of no where i started panicing about..."dying" not killing myself...but wow...in 70 some more years im going to die, and whats going to go on after that...yeh im really terrified about that, there was times when i woke up really early in the morning and couldnt fall back to sleep <BECAUSE> i was really jittery and shaking in the inside, because i was constantly thinking about DEATH. I cried and cried one morning because i know my parents and my brothers and sister, and neice and nephew are going to pass away also.

So anyways i started going to church, i now go to church every sunday, it makes me feel a lot better, and i worry less, i take part in everyday life activites and i dont let my anxiety/panic attacks get me down, i am a really really strong women, and im very proud of myself.

The things i have done to get over my anxiety is.....Buspar...Worry Less..I talk to a counselor, I keep myself busy, i am on a strict diet, [[Lost 16 pounds so far]] W00t W00t. I Go to Church. I Have Fun. And I Thank The Lord Everyday For Giving Me My LIFE!

May God Bless Everyone. Thanks For Taking The Time To Read My Story.

Hope This Was Some What Helpful To You!

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-01-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, always use whole, real words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2009, 03:05 AM   #2
(female)

Ariaden HB User
Re: My Axiety Storyyy!

Very inspiring story! I found speaking with God was one of the BEST therapies for my anxiety!

I'm so happy to hear that someone is coping so well with anxiety. It's an incredibly difficult life to live, and can be absolutely crippling at times. Please stay strong, keep doing the things you love, and try your damndest to keep the fear at bay. If you ever want to talk, I would love to!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
(female)

raynamarie HB User
Re: My Axiety Storyyy!

Thats awesome i need to start going church i believe i will have less worries aswell god bless keep it up

Closed Thread