It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

806fiona HB User
Unhappy anxiety new starter!

hi im 25 year old female with 2 young children and a very understanding boyfriend
i started getting symptoms about 7 months ago that i could not explain, when i was pregnant with my daughter
these were lightheadedness, breathlessness, dizziness tingling and a feeling of a need to escape
i ignored them till a couple of months ago when the symptoms started getting worse, i have alot of symptoms that vary from day to day these are-
fatigue
light headedness
feeling distant
numbness in all limbs
tingly face/lips toes
sharp head pains
constant heaviness in limbs
racing heart
pounding head
confusion
neck pain/aches
these symptoms of anxiety then cause me to have panic attacks some of which have been so bad i have gone to hospital because i actually thought i was going to die
that is my biggest fear, that i will die and leave my kids without a mum
the way i think im going to die changes from day to day varying from stroke to blood clots to cancer anything really.
i constantly check myself for swelling marks numbness etc and when i do this i actually start to get symtoms and can even see my limbs swellin even though i know they are not.
i didnt buy into the anxiety diagnosis at first and was trying to convince my doctor that i must have some terrible illness but now i have started to accept it i feel a little better and hopefully i might start to get some sleep without all the thoughts of dying in my sleep keeping me awake.
i take 2 types of tablet one to calm panic attacks and today i was prescribed an anti depressant that will hopefully help. i just want to wake up in the morning and enjoy my day with my babies without thinking im going to die at any moment

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread