It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
(male)

angst guy HB User
My anxiety story

I am 36 years old and my anxiety started when my daughter was born 2 years ago. I have always been a worrier but never experienced this. After my daughter was born I went into a full blown depression where I could not eat, sleep, get up, anything. It was horrible. I eventually starting seeing a therapist and with meds, citalopram and xanax as needed it is much better but still flares up once in a while. I actually had it this week and could not go to work, I did not feel like myself, had bouts of crying for no reason, nervous stomach, etc.... I am starting to feel better now but I hate that feeling everyday when you wake up to a nervous stomach and I even dry heave from it. Sometimes pretty violently. It always has something to do with nerves for something. Today I am starting to see a new therapist and my stomach is in majors knots compared to the past few days. I know how everyone says to be positive, know it will pass, try to do your normal things, but it is hard. When I get it, it shuts me down. As of yesterday I became more functional after a week but it is still here and hard not to get frustrated about it. I am hoping once I talk to my new therapist today I will feel better but I, like most of you, have it flare up when something new comes us or something as simple as flying with my daughter now. Not worried about crashing but how she will behave. It really sucks but it does help hearing other peoples stories and how they deal with it, also knowing you are not suffering alone, there are a lot of us with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
(female)

femfem HB User
Re: My anxiety story

hi,
I just want you to know that you are not alone.I'm afraid I can!'t help because I am also in a nightmare now and you are luckier because I am pregnant(almost 3 months and I am not allowed to take medication yet!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
(male)

angst guy HB User
Re: My anxiety story

Wow, that is rough. I cannot imagine not taking medication. I have actually gotten my anxiety back and am probably switching meds soon. I hate saying but it is nice to know you are not alone. Sometimes you can't help but feel like why me? But then you hear other peoples stories and as much as it sucks it does help to know that other people out there are going through the same thing.

I wish you lots of luck with your anxiety and your pregnancy. I hope everything goes OK for you.

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-12-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Removed quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread