It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

missmo HB User
My story

Well I am hoping telling my story will help me and maybe someone else.

I have always been an anxious person. I had a terrible time starting school. I always worried about 'getting in trouble'. I had an irrational fear of the principal. I could never tell anyone about my fears so I just suffered in silence. Sometimes when it was really bad I would start to cry and my parents and teachers would just think I was sick.

When I was around 22 it got really bad. I had irrational thoughts, I would wake up in the middle of the night and write notes like 'something bad is going to happen tonight' in case I passed away. Almost like if I wrote it down it wouldn't happen. I didn't realize it was anxiety at the time. Around 25 it got really bad. I would have major panic attacks and could not take a deep breath for about a year. I felt like I was chocking all the time. Finally I got help. I went on Effexor and took ativan when needed for 2 years and then weaned myself off effexor. I was off it for 8 months and then I got pregnant. Pregnancy and breastfeeding cured my anxiety. It came back full force as soon as I stopped breastfeeding. That brings me to now. I was convinced of a heart condition a few weeks ago. Now I am convinced I have something wrong with my brain. I have 'spells' where I think I am totally losing control and am going to end up in a mental lockdown. I also think I am going crazy, am scared I am going to have a seizure (I have never had one). My arms go numb, my chest hurts, the list goes on and on. I tried to go back on effexor but it made it worse. I get better for a few weeks and then I have a 'spell' and I go right back to where I was. I get depressed because I do not like living like this. I also think I am going to get fired from my job often for very stupid reasons.

That brings me to today. A constant struggle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread