It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
(male)

Archimedis HB User
Coping With Anxiety

Roughly ten years ago I passed out and awoke with an awful feeling of impending doom. I was with some of my friends and they rushed me to the emergency room. Nothing could be found wrong with me, I was sure they were wrong. I was later released that evening and went home with my wife. I went to my doctor the next day and she had ordered up some more tests to check my heart. Being in my late twenties at the time she was confident that I was fine but wanted to be sure in an effort to ease my mind. All the tests showed that I was in perfect health. I found myself doubting these tests and had ended up back in the emergency department 4 more times in as many days. Needless to say the last time I had been admitted at that time the emergency room doctor felt that I needed to go speak to a psychiatrist. I was diagnosed with anxiety. My doctor began to treat me with medication and my anxiety seemed to go away. I began to feel better after a few months and began to ween myself off the medication.

It has now been roughly ten years later and three weeks ago I had a really rough week. One of my employees had cut her finger off at work and I rushed her and her finger to the hospital. Shortly after I began to feel a little off inside if that makes sense. I went to see my doctor and she felt that it would be a good idea to begin medication once again. I wasn't feeling anxiety but decided that she knew what was best for me. Almost one week ago the butterflies returned and I once again found myself in the emergency dept. with chest pains, a feeling of uneasiness, sore neck, left arm going numb, and a shortness of breath. I was sure I was having a heart attack. Once again tests were done and they came back negative, I was fine. So why was i back to the emergency dept. three more times in four days. The beast had in fact returned, and now I am struggling with this once again.

My panic attacks are happening at night now mostly. I hate this feeling of thinking that there is something wrong with me, no matter what the tests say. I have found that researching anxiety is helping me out a lot this time around. Reading about how everyone else is feeling is getting me through this knowing that I am so not alone in this fight.

Please keep writing about your stories regarding your struggles with anxiety it helps so much. My poor wife tries to help and understand but it is so hard for someone to if they haven't been through it........Thank you again!

Last edited by Archimedis; 05-05-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread