It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

00sop00 HB User
Unhappy My anxiety journey

At 17 i was just living a normal day , and in the cinema towards the end of the movie i wasn't able to breath.. couldn't catch breath and felt like getting sick. Made it home thinking i was ill and that night ended up calling a night doctor cause of the pains in my chest and my breathing was crazy. Ended up in a&e where they told me it was a panic attack, was put on oxegen and sent home and fell asleep. The next morning i woke up the same, vomitting and panicy.

This went on about a week and i thought i was getting better till out of the blue my jaw locked, i had lock jaw and was in a 5 hour waiting que vomitting in A&E to be seen where i was given xanax and told to start coucilling. The next morning i woke up with lock jaw again and took anouther xanax and made a trip to my GP.

I was prescribed xanax .250mg to take when needed. Panic attacks took over my life then was scared to do anything and carried the tablets everywhere i went. I felt like i missed out alot of normal things that teenagers do at that age and stopped going out to parties and drinking for about a year. I did counceling which helped to have someone to talk to without judging. At this age telling someone my problem was concidered "weird"

Things settled down and nearly turning 20 it has come back extreme out of no-where. I am now on 2/3 xanax tablets a day and getting up to leave my house is a struggle. I am leaving my job because of it and unable to finish my college course even though it was towards the end of the year. Even after the xanax i still feel my heart racing and nausea is bad also. Anxiety is really tough and it is hard to find people that understand this problem and have lost many friends during the process.

Fingers crossed things pick up

The following user gives a hug of support to 00sop00:
scholes (02-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread