It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
(female)

VikkiLL HB User
New to anxiety!

My anxiety story only started a week ago when I woke up in the middle of the night, cold and shaking from head to foot, this lasted for approx 1 hour and was accompanied my nausea and a hot, flushed face.
Since then I have have experienced numbness in my face and left arm and leg and also the need to leave a shopping centre when I could feel anxiety coming on.
I have convinced myself that I have MS as my mum and brother both suffer from the disease but my GP thinks it is anxiety. I am not an anxious person but have had stress at work recently and also my husband was made redundant 3 weeks ago. I realise that I could have been like a volcano, building up on the inside but not showing it on the outside!
My blood pressure is sky high (170/98) so my GP is sorting that out for me, they have also x-rayed my neck and spine incase of a pinched nerve.
Reading stories on here has really helped me as some of the symptoms are identical to mine and I just hope that I do not have MS. An MRI scan will be done eventually but they want to rule everything else out first.
In the meantime, the more I worry about having MS, the more anxious I become and then the numbness starts!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
(female)

lag57 HB User
Re: New to anxiety!

I can totaly relate. I had an attack a month ago and thats all I could think about. Now Im on tons of meds for it. I dont think I have accepted it. I keep thinking there must be something more dangerous happening to me.

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-29-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Removed Quote, please use "Quick Reply" rather than "Quote Reply"

The Following User Says Thank You to lag57 For This Useful Post:
sohappyYanxious (12-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
(male)

stressedguy0 HB User
Re: New to anxiety!

Hope you feel better, and it doesn't stay long term like me and others. Get a good psych if you need to. No stigma for me, I tell my friends and family and they all support me.

Closed Thread