It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
(female)

Anxious Ang HB User
My anxiety story

Hi everyone!! Im new to this board, Just signed up today. I'm hoping I can make some new friends who are suffering with similar conditions.
Here goes.
As a child I worried about pretty much everything. I even had hypochondria until I was about 15.
About the age of 21 I had my first panic attack. I had no Idea what it was, I thought I was going insane, I thought I was going to be in panic mode for ever. The night of my first attack I probably had 6 attacks that night. I could tell before they would happen. I new what everyone around me was going to say before things were said. It scared the hell out of me.
So I went to the ER, they thought I was on drugs, so they tested my blood and urine. Nothing showed up, they did a CAT scan everything came back normal. So they sent me home.
Everything was fine for a few months the symptoms came back, so I went to see my Doctor, she diagnosed me with panic disorder, gave me some pills and eventually started to feel better
The cycle went on and on over and over again.
They changed my meds about a million times. I gave up and just tried to live with it.
After the birth of my daughter the symptoms came back scarier than my first episode, and this time I knew what It was so I went to the ER for help, they did an EKG and it came back fine. So they sent me home with some other meds to try along with xanax. And got me in to counseling. Was on the meds for a year and started to feel better so I weaned off of them.
The panic reared its ugly head again about 4 months ago and I'm at wits end, because each time it comes back it gets worse. I'm working on my CBTs they help temperately. The vilarian root really seems to help me
Stepping down off my soap box. I hope to get to know you guys and gals!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
(female)

chriscull HB User
Re: My anxiety story

hi there
just joined today also and i have to say it has made me feel lots better to just read all your stories and see just how many people suffer with anxiety and that we are not alone

Closed Thread