It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

Rocketsredglare HB User
My Anxiety Story

Mine doesnt seem as bad as many here but it does affect my life.

Ill say it started at 19. Right before I moved out. I woke up gasping. ambulence came. I was told I was hyperventilating. This went on off and on for years. Who gets anxiety while sleeping ? ( I did a sleep apnea test a few years ago, that night I slept fine)

Living outside of my parents home with a bf I struggled with anxiety and low self-esteem. We broke up and I moved back home. Anxiety was pretty back burnered for years. Still the sleep problems but I was able to travel on airplanes, enjoyed outings, things were good.

Fast forward to married, 2 kids and gaining weight. Now the anxiety kicked in. Once at a fair I was sure a ride would break from the weight limit so i tried to open the door. I was out of control and scared my child !

Bike rides, long walks now put me in a very nervous state. "i wont make it" " i cant keep up" "my heart is pounding". Soon these activities were avoided completely.

Humid weather gave me panic attacks of being unable to breath. One such night went into a 2 hour long panic attack that wouldnt let up (i thought they lasted 15 min or less ? )

I told my doctor and I was "diagnosed" as depressed and given an RX. It was terrible so I decided to fight this on my own. I now carry water everywhere, in stores, walking, in the car. I am unable to travel by plane, long car rides freak me out. Crowded stores make me look for an exit. I have left my teen aged children to see fireworks while i waited in the car due to crowds.

The idea of Fairs and long distance travel right away makes me think.. what if i want to get home and i cant ??? I will have a panic attack and be stuck there. I recently had one so bad in a grocery store I had to leave everything and go home. To my credit I returned to the store and all was fine.

If my parents were alive they would say Mind over matter. Just stop that !

The Following User Says Thank You to Rocketsredglare For This Useful Post:
kamikazerush (10-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread