It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

twingirl05 HB User
My story

I am 28 years old, and I have been suffering with anxiety since May of 2010.

In May of 2010, I was folding clothes one night and after I got up from bending down to pick up the clothes I felt like a dizzy feeling that was very scary. I really felt like I might be dieing. My husband thought I was crazy, but this was something that never happened before. I went to doctor and he told me I had vertigo. I took mediicne and after a few days I was fine. In September of 2010 after a trip to New York, I felt this feeling again. He told me it was vertigo again, and I also had a cold at the time. In October the symptoms were back, so I went in and he said it sounded like anxiety from the way I was describing my symptoms. He prescribed me lexapro and did blood work to check for anything else that could possibly be going on, but all my blood work came back fine. I took the lexapro, but then I quit after the first day because of how bad I felt the next morning from taking it. I really think I made myself feel that bad because of the anxiety I had over having to take it. In August of this year, I decided to go see an ent because of my balance issues come back again and again. He said that it could be vertigo and sent me to a physical therapist to help me to do exercises to lessen the symptoms and have them go away. This worked at first, but then I was feeling bad again, so the ent ordered an mri and a eng/dizziness test. The eng showed that I could have something wrong with the central part of my brain, but that it was not related to my inner ear. I did the mri, but everything came back normal. He told me that everything woudl be fine to just take my allergy medicine and come back in a year. I still am dealing with the balance and focus issues. I have also started developing bad chest pains in the rib area that has sent me to the er twice. The doctors did ekg's, chest xrays, and blood work to make sure I wasnt having a heart attack and everything came back fine. the er doctor told me that anxiety could manifest itself in ways that you would not beleive, but of course I dont want to believe I have anxiety. He gave me a shot of atavan that night to relax me and a prescription for xanax. I do take the xanax when I start to feel bad but not too often because I do not want it to get addicting. One doctor told me I could have bad acid reflux as well that can be causing the chest pains but he also said it could be the anxiety as well. I just am at a loss of what to do. I love my family and my job, but for some reason this keeps happening. I cannot focus because if I stand still for too long I feel like I may fall down or lose my balance. When I am busy doing things at work I ususally will feel fine becua se my mind is off of things. It is when I try to relax that I start to feel like this. I also get this feeling like I cant breath or lose my breath when reading to my children or doing everyday things at home. I am just so afraid, but I have checked everything from head to heart and it all came back fine. Just wanted to vent because there is only so much you can put on your familly. I just hate to always be telling them I don t feel well.

The Following User Says Thank You to twingirl05 For This Useful Post:
tmtad (04-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread