It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

AmbivalentKay HB UserAmbivalentKay HB User
New here-not new to anxiety. Few people really GET it

Hello-- This seems like a great site. It's comforting to be able to discuss anxiety without feeling that people don't really believe you, or believe it's a real debilitating condition, or believe you are just "wallowing." A close friend accused me of this once, and it still hurts. In my case, GAD, clinical depression, and a family history of substance abuse and various mental issues. So, nature or nurture? I think family nuttiness and my own hard-wiring are to blame. For a decade I used alcohol to self-medicate, along with antidepressants. Now I'm alcohol-free for 15 years, and am currently taking Effexor and Klonopin to stay fairly balanced. Thank Heavens for these drugs. But I still feel a general hopelessness and pointlessness to life; very guilty that I couldn't help my parents, and I can't really let myself feel happiness. I have the tools, just need to make a concerted effort to use them regularly (some of the tools being AA, yoga, faith, eating better, challenging negative thoughts, being of service to others, etc.) Thanks for reading my bla-bla. To those still suffering. It can and will get better with the correct meds, a good doc, and fighting back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmbivalentKay For This Useful Post:
honeyangel77 (06-26-2012), Jennilynnspage (03-09-2012), Photog01 (04-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
(female)

SickofAnxiety HB User
Re: New here-not new to anxiety. Few people really GET it

I know how you feel. I have anxiety and other issues and people have said oh just get over it. I dont wish this on anyone and just wish I could "get over it". It hurts more when people like friends and family make you feel worse by commenting like that

The following user gives a hug of support to SickofAnxiety:
AmbivalentKay (05-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread