It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
(male)

marzboy HB User
Anxiety is sooo misunderstood!

I've suffered from anxiety and panic-attacks (actually both are pretty much the same thing) for a good part of my life, and for the past several years they've become unbearable--meaning more hospitalizations than I care to remember. I've tried every 'SSRI' known to man & woman--including the latest one on the market; that would be Viibryd, also call Vilazodone. That signalled the end of the line and the proverbial last-straw for me. I'll not bore you guys with the details regarding the horrible side-effects and the absolute minimum "benefits" if there in fact were any. All--repeat--ALL of these antidepressants did nothing for my panic-attacks. One in particular got me hospitalized with extreme anxiety for 3 weeks.

Enter the benzos. And, yeah, I've heard the horror stories--and I know all or most of you have heard 'em as well. Thing is...2 days ago I winded up in the VA Hospital in Brooklyn, spoke a very kind and understanding doctor, was given a 2mg injection of ATIVAN (as well as some tablets to take with me in the event of reoccurrence), and I've been anxiety-free since. I'm posting this with my morning coffee (and a little jazz in the background--radio staion WKCR-FM out of Manhattan, if you'll permit this reporter on the anxiety-circuit a blurb), took 2 mg of ATIVAN (as presribed) with my other meds for blood pressure and gerd. I'm feeling quite calm and enjoying this most pleasant spring morning--guess that'd wax a well-adjusted and/or "normal" by most peoples' axiom. Will meet with my doctor next week and discuss Klonipin as a possibility. ATIVAN, I gather is more in "short-term" mode. My anxiety, and my panic-attacks are anything BUT "short" term.

Sooo...This anxiety-laden kinda guy thinks that, like Rocky Balboa, it's time to fly--or, better put: time to get grounded.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marzboy For This Useful Post:
AlexandraS (03-31-2012), Photog01 (04-19-2012), Pogo Pumps (05-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
(male)

Photog01 HB User
Re: Anxiety is sooo misunderstood!

Happy to hear it worked for you.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-20-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
(female)

Snooks2 HB User
Talking Re: Anxiety is sooo misunderstood!

Yes, anxiety IS so misunderstood and what works well for one may not work the same for another. I'm glad we have healthboard to "air" our troubles and tribs. It helps to know you're not alone, especially when you feel SO alone, the most you've felt in your life.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-05-2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Please read the special rules that apply to this board. Ms_Mod

The Following User Says Thank You to Snooks2 For This Useful Post:
AlexandraS (05-04-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
(female)

Snooks2 HB User
Smile Re: Anxiety is sooo misunderstood!

Hope everyone is doing well - at least, BETTER than they were doing yesterday...After reading some things on OCD sites, I feel better. Didn't realize how much of my anxiety was due to my having OCD, or rather "pure O."

It is my prayer and hope for each of you to find real and lasting peace - of body, mind, spirit.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
(male)

Photog01 HB User
Re: Anxiety is sooo misunderstood!

Good to hear you are finding some insight into things. I am doing ok, and looking forward to continuing the trend.

Closed Thread