It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Anxiety Story Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
(female)

JKLivin HB User
Anxiety makes me anxious!

I'm the most normal person ever, and yet I feel like I'm crazy.

I guess I've always had GAD, but panic attacks didn't begin until I was a senior in high school. I didn't know what it was until over a decade later!

I'm a perfectly healthy 30yr old woman and have never had any health issues. I started having PVCs this past September, really bad -- like 12 a minute, on and off. I ended up going to the cardiologist and getting the full gambit of tests -- absolutely nothing wrong. He told me to lay off the caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, and stress!

PVCs have since gone away (thankfully), although I think I had a couple tonight after eating dinner because my heart started beating faster from digestion... it's the little things that set me off! Always my heart though.

Anxiety is killin me! I find myself obsessing about my heart, my heart rate, my heart beat, blah blah blah. It creates more symptoms of anxiety and I'm always on the edge of a panic attack. I hold my breath, that makes it worse. My shoulders are all tight and up closer to my ears... ugh.

I wish I could just get OUT of my BRAIN. I've tried all the breathing techniques, positive thinking tricks, distraction, exercise, I eat well, I sleep enough, I try to get my Vitamin D from the sun... and yet here I am, on an anxiety health board, obsessing about my heart still. Even typing about it makes my rate go up. I get caught up in thoughts about just dropping dead or my heart stopping, which I rationally realize is ridiculous. But I can't.stop.

I think I'll have to go for a drive to distract myself... doesn't feel like a good night.

Thanks for reading my rambles!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
(female)

tokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB Usertokinouta HB User
re: Anxiety makes me anxious!

I hear ya!! You sound just like me, sometimes I can't help but dive in head first. I am sure I'm going to collapse any minute. I feel so fragile.

It's nice to post about how you are doing, and talk to others about it. It's great to see I'm not alone as well. Reading your post sound just like me.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-29-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, heart palpitations, heart palpitations anxiety