It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

karen51 HB User
Depression seems to never end

I have had depression off and on for years, but it did not really rear it's ugly head at it's worst until about 2 years ago. I was functioning somewhat "normally" and then everything caved in on me. Since then I have been in the hospital 6 or more times...lost count. Just got out last Monday. July 23rd. My situation is one big problem and my loss of my ability to perform my career.

I had been a professional for a long time, and now unable to function in it everytime I try, I fail. My sis recommends starting a low key part time job..it is hard to go from making big bucks to minimum wage. She also says I am too proud. She is great during a crisis, but she is no therapist. I am having to wait it seems forever for an appointment to actually see a counselor at the mental health center. I went last Friday and now I have to go back to finish the "intake" and then who knows when I will get to see a doc or a therapist. The hospital only gave me 2 weeks of my medicine so then what? The person I did see at mental health told me the doctor will not give me the Klonipin I have been on for years, but I could hash it out with him???

I do have another therapist thank god that I was seeing that I see on the 13th of August. Since I have been out of the hospital I have been totally non-productive. I do not have a car until way next week, there is no public transportation and the main thing is what do you do when you have no idea job wise? I also live in a bad situation for me mentally. I got in a good mood for the first time since I had been in the hospital and this person I am living with to save being in a shelter, brought me right back down today. Thanks a lot dear...not a husband.

Just venting here, but I will say that I just wish this whole mess was over, forever.....
I am living my worst nightmare come true.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread