It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

claire67 HB User
dealing with depression

I'm really nervous about an interview today, my first since being diagnosed with depression a week ago.

I basically slept all day except when I had to get up to go to work, ate nothing but Little Debbie Nutty Bars & was just sick, malnourished & in bad shape when I finally went to the doctor last Wednesday. After a week on Lexapro, vitamins and good food, I'm doing much better. I've figured out how to time the medicines so I'm not jittery or groggy (I have Xanax to take at bedtime when I need it), but am still finding my feet in a lot of ways. I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be financially, job-wise & in my life, but think I'm making a good start!

Claire

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
(female)

claire67 HB User
Re: dealing with depression

I did it! The interview went really well, and I hope to get good news on Friday. That's a big ego boost, being able to get dressed up for an interview and go there, when only 5 days ago I couldn't get out of bed. And hearing that they liked me too makes it even better!

Claire

I take a Xanax at bedtime probably every other day, so do still end up sleeping until 10-11 AM those days, but I am refreshed & able to get up and do things when I wake up. I'm still working on getting my sleep regulated, and that's taking a bit more time, but I'm feeling more positive and cheerful, so know I have that time to take to work things out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
(female)

HopefulAnnie HB User

Congratulations on your progress. Keep us posted on your news regarding your interview. A very positive event can bring on some significant improvement. It can be the catalyst to get you moving in the right way. I'm pulling for you! Annie

Old 08-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
(female)

claire67 HB User

Unfortunately I didn't get the job- the ladies who interviewed me felt it went very well, they just found someone a little stronger in what they needed than I am.

I do still feel good about having a positive interview experience- now that I have that under my belt, I feel a little better about continuing to apply and interview- there's a job out there for me somewhere! With my parents' encouragement, I'm looking into schools to maybe continue my education to find a career I'll be happy with.

Claire

Old 08-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
(female)

claire67 HB User
Unhappy Re: dealing with depression

Today's not such a good day, guys.

I work part-time at a local pizza chain, have for a couple of years. The employment in my area is just bad right now. I do have something approaching insurance from them that is some help, however.

In addition to the depression, I have other medical problems includiing fainting spells. In June, I had a fainting spell at my temporary day job that sent me to the hospital for tests. I was laid off from that job a few days later, and now that I'm broke, I'm getting the bills-$3,500 in medical bills I have no way to pay. I should file for Medicaid, but am just feeling paralyzed by it all right now. I did take my Lex, so it's not as bad as it could've been, but it's still bad enough...

Claire

Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
(female)

claire67 HB User

There is hope! I just called the hospital & told them I'm unemployed & have no money to pay the bill. They will send me an application for financial assistance & there is at least some chance they'll cover part of it so I don't have to pay the *whole* thing. That will help. I'm also applying for Medicaid, so hopefully that will help as well.

Things are still up & down, but I'm hanging in there!

Claire

Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
(male)

bruce22 HB User

Just hang there, good luck!

Closed Thread