It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User
It started in 2005

My father died, my mom shortly came out to LA to visit me, knocked her head on my shower which caused a hematoma and had to have 2 rounds of neurological surgery. I thought I was going to lose her too. Then I lost my job of five years, shortly after I was forced to switch my seizure meds (to Topamax) because my previous medication just suddenly stopped working. The Topamax made me stupid as can be. I couldn't get another job, I'd space out in job interviews not remembering what I was just asked. Since I had lost my health insurance, I couldn't switch meds (I was getting the Tmax for free). My two best friends from college (in NY) decided that I was no longer worthy of their friendships. I guess they liked me a lot when I was cracking jokes but when I was an emotional mess, they couldn't hack it. My mom who on top of the healing hematoma has multiple Myeloma (cancer) and her condition started deteriorating. I decided to move to Florida to care for her. Things haven't gone quite the way I expected. I can't find work still....not at the level that I was at in Los Angeles pre-2005. I hate Florida, regret moving here in spite of the fact that it was more for my mother than me. I feel guilty for feeling this way.

Sometimes I just want to get in my car and drive back to NYC but I can no longer afford to live there. I'm also in a sea of debt from student loans. They have since doubled since I graduated 12 years ago.

I can't find friends or open up to them....not since the 2 from college bailed on me. I feel broken.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
(male)

mike54 HB User
Re: It started in 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopamaxKillsMe View Post
My father died, my mom shortly came out to LA to visit me, knocked her head on my shower which caused a hematoma and had to have 2 rounds of neurological surgery. I thought I was going to lose her too. Then I lost my job of five years, shortly after I was forced to switch my seizure meds (to Topamax) because my previous medication just suddenly stopped working. The Topamax made me stupid as can be. I couldn't get another job, I'd space out in job interviews not remembering what I was just asked. Since I had lost my health insurance, I couldn't switch meds (I was getting the Tmax for free). My two best friends from college (in NY) decided that I was no longer worthy of their friendships. I guess they liked me a lot when I was cracking jokes but when I was an emotional mess, they couldn't hack it. My mom who on top of the healing hematoma has multiple Myeloma (cancer) and her condition started deteriorating. I decided to move to Florida to care for her. Things haven't gone quite the way I expected. I can't find work still....not at the level that I was at in Los Angeles pre-2005. I hate Florida, regret moving here in spite of the fact that it was more for my mother than me. I feel guilty for feeling this way.

Sometimes I just want to get in my car and drive back to NYC but I can no longer afford to live there. I'm also in a sea of debt from student loans. They have since doubled since I graduated 12 years ago.

I can't find friends or open up to them....not since the 2 from college bailed on me. I feel broken.
I have found myself feeling hopeless, also. I moved to East Texas to take a job my wife wanted me to get. That job is long gone, and my wife and childrem have divorced me. My health is bad, and I just got demoted. I quit a good job. because my wife wanted us to move. Now I have no one with the future uncertain. My work conditions are low paid, and inhumane to begin with. I don't know how much more I can take. I can just say. You're not alone. I wish I could say or do more.

Closed Thread