It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Unhappy I have been depressed for a long time

I have been depressed for a very long time. I know the main source of my depression is the rejection from my father. I am 40 now and 20 years ago he wanted me to sneak court papers into her mailbox and I refused and did not answer the door when he came knocking at my apt. I let him know that I did not want to get involved in their issues and since I did not do what he wanted me to he said "I was no longer his daughter" never in a million years did I believe he would never ever talk to me again. Over the years I have tried to contact him with certified letters, calls, ect and he does not want to talk to me and will hang up the phone or not say a word to me.

He is now sick and I was called from the hospital because they stated they need someone in the family to make decisions on his behalf since he is unable to. I went to the hospital to visit him and while in the hospital room - he refused to talk to me - and when I said "Daddy I Love You" he chuckled and did not respond and continued to refuse me. The next day I called him and he hung up the phone the 1st time, the 2nd time he told his roommate that he does not want to talk to me. I am so hurt and depressed and over the years I have not been able to conquer my depressions not even antidepressants help with this one.

I decided to totally give up and told the doctor I do not wanted to be contacted at all. They agreed to not call me. I will leave him alone and though it won't be easy I have to accept he does not want me or love me and I just don't understand what I did that was so bad to deserve this, I often think I should have "opened" my door 20 years ago and take the papers from him because then everything would be different. I am a grown women that still feels like a little girl that loves her daddy and desperately wishes he loved me to. I guess I have to let go thought it is not easy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread