It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
(female)

solostar HB User
Smile How I got out of depression before

This is my experience and I would like to share it, hoping, maybe someone who reads my story will be feeling better. This is my wish for sharing my story.

I went through a lot of things in life. I got married when I was 19 and got divorce when I was 21. I have 2 sons now. My ex-husband was abusive and he also cheated on me, so I had to leave him.

At that point, I wasn't depressed because I have 2 babies that I have to take care of. I devoted all my time and energy to work for my kids. Than I meet someone, which lead me to 4 years of depression.

He, as I thought at that point, was the one for me. I was so happy that I finally found someone that was so special. We dated for about a year and everything fell apart. He told me, he won't be able to accept me because he don't really love me. I fell apart. I was crying everywhere I go. I was very very angry at the whole world. Even if I try to hide my feelings, people around me knows that I'm depressed. My friends talk to me a lot but it didn't help me at all. I was just feeling sad all the time.

One day, I met a lady at a restaurant, she was so so nice to me. She don't have any daughters and she treated me as if I was her daughter. She would hug me everytime she sees me and talk to me about looking at things differently. I was gradually healing at that point but than she found out she had cancer and she don't have too much time to live. I think you can imagine how I felt at that point.

I start to withdraw from going to see her because the pain was so great but everytime I go see her, she still treats me the same. The same smile, hugs and a lot of conversation, as if she is in perfect health.

One day, I asked her, how can you still be the same, after you find out you're not going to live for very long?
She told me, "This is why I am the same, I got a message from above reminding me that I don't have much time anymore and I should be loving whoever I can now."

She past away a year later, I remember her words until today. (Its been about 5 years now)

What made me recover was her love. Love whether you give or receive will help you recover from depression. Love yourself and everyone around you.

Best wishes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread