It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
(male)

Dang12 HB User
Question I Feel Lost

I am 22 and graduating from college in december. About a few weeks before I started college four years ago, my dad got transferred cross country and they made me go with them. So lets just say I was not happy about the situation, I had already enrolled in classes at my local university, knew the area, had alot of friends, etc.

So anyways, I have very few friends, and those that I do stuff with on occassion I would not classify as true friends. It was rather difficult for me this past four years but I have accumlulated a very high gpa which will come in handy for graduate school.

I had started summer classes and this girl I work with asked me to lunch. I was extremely surprised by this becuase she is very attractive and lets say I am not a ladies man. So anyways we started hanging out quite alot and all of a sudden she lost interest and I no longer do anything with her.

After I concluded the other day she wants nothing to do with me, I started thinking alot about graduate school coming up shortly. I had always planned on moving back home and going to graduate school there. I have visited a few times each year for a week or so the last few years and still keep in touch with all of my friends back home. However, I guess at this point since I will be leaving this school soon, I guess I feel weird about going back to my old area.

I guess I dont feel like I belong there anymore; I havent lived there in over four years and it would just feel weird to me to be back there. All of my friends up back home went to other schools but all within 3-5 hours of our hometown. Basically they have made many new friends and have in my mind moved on in a sense. They still are coming back to the area when they graduate but I feel that I am different from them in that I have had a terrible college experience, in fact I wouldnt even call it a college experience. I dont see myself as moving on as they have and I dont feel like I belong there or consider myself to be at the same level as them.

However, I basically have no reason to stay here either so I dont feel like I belong anywhere. I guess I just feel lost and have no real direction when I graduate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread