It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

Cloverberry52 HB User
spent my life with depression didn't know it.

I'm 55 now and I started getting depressed when I was 13. I tried twice to comit suicide at that time. I didn't know why I was so unhappy. I blamed kid stuff, like my boyfriend breaking up with me. We didn't have the psychiatric help back then. I never told anyone how I was feeling. I always felt I wish I were dead but I thought I tried twice to take pills and it didn't work so it's no use trying again. My mother was no help either. She would always say you had to be crazy to see a psychiatrist. It wasn't until about 10 years ago that I started feeling better. I started taking Trazodone, an antidepressant, to help me sleep. It didn't take too long until I started feeling better and I realized it was taking an antidepressant that made me feel better. I tried to stop taking it a couple of times but those feelings of wishing I were dead came back. Now I'm happily staying on it. The only fear I have now is I'm afraid I'll run out of the drug and start feeling bad again. There's no chance but I just don't want to feel so bad again.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
(female)

lonelymom HB User
Re: spent my life with depression didn't know it.

Going off a drug on your own is never a good idea. Continue to take your medications. Continue to be in contact with your physician. Maybe there is a generic form of the medication that won't cost you so much. If you're nearly out of your medication ... it's time to make an appointment with your doctor. You owe it to yourself and those around you who care about you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
(female)

BreathNoMore HB User
Re: spent my life with depression didn't know it.

Trazodone is the generic form of Desryl. I too am taking Trazodone along with Citalopram (Celexa) to treat severe depression and was able to get a months supply of both medicines for just eight dollars at Wal-mart or K-Mart. I would continue to keep in contact with your physician to make sure you have the medicine you need. You owe it to yourself to be happy.

Closed Thread