It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

shelbybear HB User
Years of depression

I have suffered from depression for years...don't know how long...as long as I can remember...I was object raped at 4...incest until 17 by my grandfather..., physical abuse as a child...I could go on and on...emotional abuse from a ex husband...

Now my current husband of 20 years (that came back into my life and has treated me well is dying) has heart failure and a partially collaspsed lung....his organs are not functioning well, and he gets veinous ulcers and cellulitus on his legs from circulation being so poor, he has edema too! He is the only thing in my life thats gone right and a special guy...this all makes me more depressed, and he can't work...soc security is also been collecting an overpayment...I was laid off from my teaching job in Arizona...ho hum...this year has not been good...I am seeing a therapist and on cymbalta...so that is the short version of my story...I am trying to cope and hanging in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

angel337 HB User
Re: Years of depression

My life hasn't been easy. I was molested at 9. My mother was in and out of the hospital for mental illness. My Dad was an alcholic and beat on my mom. I lived in poverty. I am 39 years old, and I have been suffering from chonic depression and Anxiety disorder since I was 15 years old. On an off medications, so far I have not gotten better. I have been through 2 bad and abusive marriages. I finally met a beautiful man, I can't seem to enjoy him because of depression, money problems, obesity etc...,.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
(female)

shelbybear HB User
Re: Years of depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel337 View Post
My life hasn't been easy. I was molested at 9. My mother was in and out of the hospital for mental illness. My Dad was an alcholic and beat on my mom. I lived in poverty. I am 39 years old, and I have been suffering from chonic depression and Anxiety disorder since I was 15 years old. On an off medications, so far I have not gotten better. I have been through 2 bad and abusive marriages. I finally met a beautiful man, I can't seem to enjoy him because of depression, money problems, obesity etc...,.
Angel: I am fighting depression, anxiety, obesity, and money problems too! It is very hard for us to fight...I wish there was something that I could do to help us both...Life is rough at times...but I have found assistance through a mental health program...they have educational, and vocational training...we have activities, and help run a clubhouse with staff, our meds, and therapists also help...are you in any mental health programs...there is a lot of assistance out there available...I take cymbalta for my depression and burspar for anxiety...Maybe posting back and forth we can help support each other...just let me know? I am sending a HUG!

Closed Thread