It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

puffy1 HB User
Depression with anxiety

Aroung the age of four my life got very complicated, violent family member, never made the cut with my Mother, I lived in fear. I cried night after night until I was around fifteen. Never a hug, never a kind word, just rigid rules. If I was ill, didn't care, I'd lay awake alnight with tonsilitis, crying...one night I was so desperate for help, I was in so much pain, I creeped upstairs, afraid, and I stood there crying and asked my Mom if I could have a baby aspirin, in a hiss she said get out of my sight. That's the way it went until I was old enough to get away from those people. The aloneness I felt still haunts me today, I trust nobody, I try, yet it remains a huge challenge. It's so important to cherish children. I cherish mine...I do feel alone quite abit, disconnected, however I understand why. My parents weren't able to teach me what love was because they didn't know, now it's up to me to fill the lonliness, I try everyday to be grateful for the blessings in my life. I start everyday by repeating the words Love, Compassion and widsom, and repeat I'm a loving unique child of the supreme being, worthy...

Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
(male)

SADINMARYLAND HB User
Angry Re: Depression with anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffy1 View Post

I cried night after night until I was around fifteen. Never a hug, never a kind word, just rigid rules. If I was ill, didn't care, I'd lay awake alnight with tonsilitis, crying...one night I was so desperate for help, I was in so much pain, I creeped upstairs, afraid, and I stood there crying and asked my Mom if I could have a baby aspirin, in a hiss she said get out of my sight. That's the way it went until I was old enough to get away from those people.
...unbelievable...

I can't imagine hurting a child for any reason. There are times when you want to bounce one off the side of their head, but what you went through was actual abuse.

I am so sorry...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread