It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

Puffin Cat HB User
depression and the effects of depression

I have just found Health Message Boards after 7 years of illness. You are a lifeline. You have helped me so much in only one day. Reading about all the other sufferers has made me realise that each one of us can help the other. As I am the generation of 1949 I am not greatly computor minded. I had to ask my son to help me log in. I wish there was a simpler way of logging in. Something for the articulate, but computor useless .

The only answer to this terrible illness is to be completely self-disciplined. Spotlessly clean is the second answer, sense of humour is vital. Healthy eating and regular little bouts of exercise. Medication is also vital or one drifts into hallucinations. One is very alone with this illness. One is sane but perhaps confused. Doctors can be very patronising. Friends fall away unless one says,'I was quite mad but now I am alright.' They always say, 'Why do you not do that or this?' One would like to say to them, 'it is almost impossible to get up let alone do this or that.'

Depression is in my view caused by some sort of crisis in one's life. It could be financial, death of a loved one or stress or another illness.

All of us should study carefully all the medications available and their side effects. Some of you take very high dosage of medication. I should like to find a very early medical description of what depression actually is, Which came first the Schitzophrenic person or the depressed person. Did the medication produce the Schitzophrenic person? ( No, I cannot spell!)

The terrible thing is the realisation that there are so many of us. The credit crunch will bring more people to depression.

The answer? The only answer is communication between sufferers.

The following user gives a hug of support to Puffin Cat:
wmfh210 (07-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread