It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

jynn0629 HB User
Living with Bipolar Disorder (severe depression)

I do not believe there is enough space or attention to post my entire story, I will try to just highlight.
I have had depression from childhood with no help. I suffered abuse to top the already depression that ran in my family. I was not an outward suffering person, I hid it and most times banged my head on the wall. My first suicide attempt was at the age of 12.
Getting married and having a family was what I thought the answer was. I just wanted to care for others and have the true love of a child. I tried to be super mom and wife. It didnt go so well. My ex husband and I had problems, mostly due to his school and work. I had depression mostly and manic spells where I just wanted to go go go. My ex got mad everytime I went into depression and said bad things about me for it. I finally broke down and went to the Dr. I was given different medications and switched when they didnt work. After my 5th pregnancy, 3rd child I went through post partum depression, it was severe. I went to the Dr due to my ex rediculing me for my feelings and the times I lie in the floor in tears. I was medicated, I thought I felt better but I wasnt, the manic episodes got a whole lot worse and then I didnt really know who I was or what I was doing. \

I went to the Dr about my medication. my medication was altered. I really lost myself. I cant tell you about those 2 years because I do not remember it. I know I tried to find myself in college and through theater and music and ofcourse doing everything I could for my children. I was at an inbetween in my manic depressive cycle.

<removed details: read the rules>

My last trip to the hospital I was there a long time. I went off my medication after leaving the hospital due to a mistake insurance made. I spent weeks going through withdrawals and convulsions and night terrors. I made it even though I was told I might die. I finally got myself together and divorced my ex. The depression was there but I finally felt I had some value and he was just making me worse. Only problem, they visited their dad on the weekends and I would drink to kill the pain.

I went back into the hospital another time for anerexia.
I guess it was a year later I met my current husband. It was temporary euphoria. I was happy. He made me feel special. It didnt take long until the depression came back and continued to worsen. I got help at the mental health center, I was scared due to all the bad medicines I had been given, but they promised to be there. I was put on lamictal and klonopin and an anti depressant. It wasnt long until I felt what I would think to be normal. I came off the antidepressant because it made me irratable but the lamictal did great. I could laugh and had energy. I went back to college and got my AS degree, got a job and felt pretty good. There were still sad times but I could handle it. Getting the job took me out of the mental health program.

Then I got injured and had to leave my job due to surgery. I was unable to get back into my program and could no longer get my medication. It hasnt taken me long to hit rock bottom. Im back to feeling worthless . My husband doesnt like me taking medication. I guess he blames himself for how I am, I have tried to help him understand, its not him that caused this but he does worsen it if he is cruel about it. I told him just yesterday, I am tired of being his problem. He finally got my medication. Ijust hope that I can show him that I will get better and be what I need to be to him. I am just worn out, teenagers do not help matters. I have to help them.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-16-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: removed disallowed info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
(male)

bluenightlight HB User
Re: Living with Bipolar Disorder (severe depression)

hi jynn Im sorry you are going through you problems im going through some of the same stuff right now.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-16-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: .

Closed Thread