It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

paperhearts HB User
Lightbulb Ohhh, troubles...

So...never posted here before, but I thought this would be the best place right now to ask for help. Maybe?

I'm a 20 yr. old girl and I've been struggling with cycles of stress and depression since I was a teenager. Now I feel that I brought it upon myself- I was a pill popper and did some drugs very early, and I feel like I made myself more prone to stress/depression. I've always been this way....a mess for a few months...and then fine for a few months. Then my emotions got out of control. (sadness, guilt, stress, snapping at people) I got prescribed to so many different meds! (starting at age 14)They didn't help at all. At least I don't remember them helping more than a tiny bit. I cannot believe I took so many different things! Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Valium, even sleeping pills for anxiety...

When I turned 17 or so, I stopped and haven't been on anything since. I absolutely despised pills, and I still have an aversion to them.

*The Now*
I'm almost 21. I'm much better now that as a teenager. I know I'm lucky- I'm satisfied with my looks, health, and thankful for a good family and I know I have many opportunities....but I still have cycles of major stress and depression. I get stressed and snap at people! But I feel soooo guilty about everything. I moved back in with my parents because I want to focus on school and not worry about money. It is getting worse! And It is VERY hard to focus on school work. I pull my hair out because I can't be the amazing student I want to be. Though I KNOW it is stress that is in my way. I lose friends. (though I'm trying to make new ones) My boyfriend can't deal with it. Absolutely not! He has just seen a new side of me. He doesn't get it. He gets irritated and tells me to just be happy and makes me feel like I am doing this on purpose, and straight up blames me for his unhappiness. He said I need help. He's the only one I felt comfortable talking to about this, and he thinks I'm a freakin' nut-job. I don't have insurance, but he really wants me to "get help" and possibly be on meds again. AHH! Not that again! He doesn't get it. But I'm debating talking to someone. I am even getting tempted to do drugs again! I can live with depression, but I want to make it liveable and not freak out the people around me! What next? Does anyone kind of understand?

The following user gives a hug of support to paperhearts:
RolandofTX (07-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread