It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

AceofHearts HB UserAceofHearts HB User
Talking OVERCOMING Severe depression and anxiety

I was first put on Citalopram for severe depression and social anxiety in combination with clonazepam for "attacks." I was only on the two for 5 days, and they were unbearable. They made me zombie-like, exhausted, unmotivated, and worst of all they made my social anxiety 10x worse.
I immediately switched to Fluoxetine with Alprazolam for attacks/social settings. This combination has worked fantastically!! I haven't been this happy in over 12 years!! The greatest part is that I dont feel like I'm on a drug, I feel like myself...but not covered in a black cloak. I'm very social, want to get up in the morning, and so far the side effects have been minimal.

Side effects: One makes me hiccup on and off more than usual (livable) but I have also had a complete loss of appetite, and I'm already underweight (I compensate with a lil marijuana and that stimulates my hunger immediately) .
PLEASE READ:
I am 20 yrs old, a junior at a university, and I have had to work so hard to get where I am, coping with my disabilities. I NEVER wanted to be medication, I first tried counceling, which did A LOT for me but then I plateaued after 2 yrs, and I was never completely better. Then I tried naturopathic supplements which worked wonders but not necessarily for the depression and anxiety, and the cost was extremely expensive. I would recommend these two options before medication. But IF YOU DO decide to go through the medication process, it is NOT easy. The first one probably wont work, maybe not even the next, but DONT GIVE UP, things will get better.
CURRENTLY I have decided to take a leave of absence from the university until I am stable and ready to return.
Please dont fight your disability, that is one thing I have learned, SEEK HELP! Usually people (employers, friends, teachers, etc) dont know or understand what you are going through and they probably never will. Dont be ashamed, you are who you are and you deserve the best out of life.
PARENTS:
If you think your child is suffering seek help immediately, my depression and anxiety started when I was about 7 yrs old!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: AceofHearts
Nightshade Kid (02-28-2011), volleyballstar (02-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread